Fall Session - Sept 20 - Dec 10, 2021
CanStar - Monday & Thursday 3:15 - 3:45pm (11 sessions) $80
Junior - Monday & Thursday 2:45 - 3:30pm (11 sessions) $145
Wednesdays 3:30 - 4:30pm (10 sessions) - $137.50
(Wednesday Session ice time shared with Intermediate)
CanStar is a transition program between CanSkate and StarSkate (Junior). CanSkate is a 30 minute session where StarSkate also known as Junior is a 45 minute session. For the first 15 minutes, skaters take part in a group stroking warm-up session. After this, our club coach, Jennifer, gives them a 15-30 min group lesson (depending on the level), and then they have 15 minutes of freetime. Their fees cover the full ice time your skater is registered for.
At any point in the season, skaters, in consultation with their coach, may move into the StarSkate (Junior) program. This is a choice often made when the skater is ready to enter competitions, to develop individual routines for free skating or interpretive programs, or to progress through dance levels.
CSA approved helmets are mandatory until the skater has successfully completed Level 5.
Skaters need to wear figure skates.
All ages, including adults, are welcome and encouraged to skate with us!
- ONE parent and/or spectator is allowed in the stands, no exceptions. This is as per Skate BC COVID-19 regulations.
- NO registration will be secured unless an e-transfer of $43.75 (annual athlete insurance cost) is sent immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. This applies to ALL families, including those who use community sport funding.
- Once the registrar has contacted you to confirm your sessions, session fees must be paid in full, immediately, via e-transfer to email@example.com. (If you use community sport funding, you will need to supply your case/confirmation number.)
To register CanStar, the following conditions MUST be met, with no exceptions:
- Child must be 5 years old as of December 1, 2021
- Child must have completed all CanSkate Levels
All registrations must be done online as per Skate Canada regulations.